Types of FoilThere are many types of foil that can make your printed piece pop.
- Metallic Foils have a metal-like sheen and a shine or shimmer, and come in a variety of colors, such as gold, silver, copper, green, blue and red.
- Gloss Pigment Foils have a high glossy, but non-metallic finish and come in many colors.
- Matte Pigment Foils have a dull finish with deep solid colors.
- Special Effects Foils such as marbles, woodgrains, leathers or pearl add distinctive textures and looks.
- Holographic Foils use the transfer of a hologram image onto unique foils. Holographic foils add a dramatic effect that often provides a "high-tech" look.
- Greater brand perception: Research shows that by adding gold foil printing or other interesting effects to your piece, consumers perceive a higher value and quality of your product.
- Attention-grabbing effects: Foil stamping helps make your printed piece stand out from the crowd with its distinctive and eye-catching appeal.
What can you Foil Stamp? Foil can be applied to most paper stocks, even magnetic paper. However, the ideal paper stock for metallic foil or other foil stamps is gloss cover or other stocks with a smooth surface. Linen or other textured papers can be a challenge for foil due to their uneven surfaces, as the foil may not look as crisp. Business cards, brochures, presentation folders, greeting cards, note cards or invitations are some of the endless possibilities that you can foil stamp. Add a touch of class to your marketing materials with elegant and affordable foil stamping.
Need creative or technical advice on using foil stamping on your next printing project?
Give our helpful experts a call at 0208 1234526, or Get Pricing.